Branch Manager - Kent Bridge
Let’s Grow Together. Currently, recruiting for the position of Branch Manager out of our Kent Bridge location. With a competitive compensation package; pension plan, bonus eligibility, and company-paid health benefits. Be part of the growth!
Are you eager to be involved in the future of agriculture, a self-starter, and passionate about delivering professional solutions to our customers and partners? Sylvite is looking for individuals with high-potential who want to grow their career with us.
At Sylvite we are dedicated to our people and their growth. With a collaborative leadership style, innovative solutions, processes and operations we have developed a company that values its team members and wants to grow together.
Budgeting and Financial Reporting:
- Develop local strategies and execute the branch business plan to meet company sales goals and profitability
- Develop recommendations for annual capital expenditures
- Complete and manage the expense budget for branches within areas of responsibility
- Manage warehouses and inventory control
- Oversee retail branch operations including personnel and equipment
- Responsible for ensuring accurate blending, packaging, delivery of retail customer orders
- Responsible for the service level to customers from the retail branch
- Maintain all licences and inspections related to warehousing and storage
- Ensure the efficient processing of customer orders, from sales to the necessary operational units (blending, packaging)
- Responsible for accurate documentation, Thede Ward / Agre processing
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Work with management team to develop long-term sales strategy for the businesses
- Hire and develop sales staff; coordinate sales training / programs
- Manage the sales team and related resources to deliver profitable growth
- Prepare action plans by individuals for effective search of sales leads and prospects
- Joint visits to key customers with sales reps
- Coordinate with Office Manager re administrative and customer service functions relative to the support to the sales team
- Lead, develop, retain and coach team to exceed business targets and direct members of staff
- Authority to hire staff for the branches; additions to headcount as approved by the General Manager
- Evaluate performance of direct reports for attainment of objectives as well as for compliance with established policies and procedures
- Discipline of staff up to and including recommendation for termination
This position reports to the General Manager, Agri-Services.
The Right Candidate Will Have These Key Attributes:
- Strong Business Acumen
- Ability to Develop Business Relationships and Partnerships
- Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Superior Negotiation Skills
- Ability to lead and direct others; ability to foster a teamwork environment
- Ability to motivate, coach and mentor staff; manage change; mediate and resolve conflict
- Communication Skills; Presentation Skills
The Right Experience:
- 8+ years in a Management Position
- 5+ years in Agriculture or related industry
- University degree in Business, related field or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in all Office Software, particularly Excel
About Sylvite – Growing Together.
As the largest independently-owned Canadian wholesaler of farm fertilizer in Ontario and eastern Canada, our team is dedicated to serving the diverse agriculture industry. We are fully committed to understanding your business and providing you with professional solutions of the highest quality in all of the industry sectors that we serve.
Sylvite Transportation consists of more than 135 tractor units and more than 400 trailers to support our valued customers and their logistical requirements. Sylvite Industrial Chemical supports a variety of partners within the agriculture, bulk chemical, construction, energy, forestry, mining and water treatment industries.
Apply NOW through the form below!