Let’s Grow Together. Currently, recruiting for the position of Dispatcher/Admin at our Akron Location!
Sylvite is a multinational, privately owned, business headquartered in Burlington Ontario providing critical products and services in the agricultural and transportation sectors.
- Agriculture – Sylvite provides a full supply chain solution for crop input products such as fertilizer, seed and pesticides.
- Transportation – The transportation group at Sylvite not only coordinates part of the agricultural supply chain, but also provides logistics services to a large customer base, transporting goods throughout Canada and the United States.
Operations – Dispatcher:
- Execute the dispatch plan
- Dispatch all loads to the drivers
- Provide drivers with accurate information for picking up and dropping off loads
- Persuade drivers to take unappealing loads, to work off schedule, accommodate customer demands, etc.
- Inform drivers of procedures to be followed – e.g. incorrect address, wait times, etc.
- Assign trailers
- Follow up on dropped trailers
- Close orders in Transportation Management System
- Follow standard operating procedures re transportation of goods, supporting documents, etc.
- Recommend changes to standard operating procedures in order to increase efficiencies on an on-going basis and to provide corrective action
- Finish daily dispatch operations and set up for next day deliveries
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of customer orders
- Monitor email for all new order requests
- Enter orders into TMW accurately
- Advise Dispatch once orders are entered
- Add orders to Dispatch Board
- Update/Revise orders as needed
- Assist with financial transactions related to accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Follow up with customers as needed
- Performing scanning and filing
- Perform other duties as required
- Transportation Management System– critical to access and enter accurate and complete data – information is used by others
- Identify problem areas to Transportation Management System provider / Transportation Administrator
- Cross train in the various operational boards – Logistics, Local/PQ, USA, etc.
- Be prepared to provide coverage related to illness/vacation of other team members.
- Develop an effective working relationship with other Operations personnel
- Provide complete information when transitioning work to other dispatchers
Customer / Industry Relations:
- Develop and maintain business network of contacts
- Participate in industry associations, attend related conferences, etc.
Education, Experience and / or Training Requirements:
- 3 years’ experience in the Transportation Industry as a dispatcher
- Experience with U.S. Board and Customs
- University/College Degree in Related Field or equivalent experience
- CITT Accreditation – Canadian Institute of Traffic and Transportation – desired
- Industry-Related Training Courses
- Proficiency with Transportation Management Software, Excel
- TMW Training
- On-the-Job Training specific to Function – proficiency within three months
- General Health & Safety Orientation
- WHMIS Training
Key Personal Attributes Required for the Position:
- Decision Making Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Accuracy / Attention to Detail
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment