Sales and Service Representative - Port Albert
Let’s Grow Together. Currently, recruiting for the position of Sales and Service Representative out of our Port Albert Location . With a competitive compensation package; pension plan and company-paid health benefits. Be part of the growth!
Sylvite is an exciting place to develop lasting relations with our clients, exceeding their expectations in our support we provide them in the agriculture industry. If you are passionate about sales and service then look no further.
Sylvite is a multinational, privately owned, business headquartered in Burlington Ontario providing critical products and services in the agricultural and transportation sectors.
- Agriculture – Sylvite provides a full supply chain solution for crop input products such as fertilizer, seed and pesticides.
- The Agriculture division has 16 locations operating in Ontario, Our Port Albert location is looking for a full time Sales and Service representative to assist the location customers and assist in the growth of the location. We offer a competitive compensation package, RRSP matching program, health benefits, and training and development opportunities.
- Effectively present, promote, and sell Sylvite products and services to existing and prospective grower customers
- Implementation of crop input planning to meet individual grower needs – including soil samples, fertilizer and crop protection recommendations, field visits
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on quotes for approval by the branch manager, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes in coordination with Branch budget and business plan
- Complete sales planning and reporting as assigned by the Branch Manager including the use of CRM system
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other branches when necessary
- Actively participate in continuous learning opportunities for sales, seed, and crop protection
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
Job Responsibilities Include: Sales Support
- Support the success of the sales team
- Support all administrative functions relative to the sales team and customer service.
- Participate in industry associations, attend related conferences, building network of customers, suppliers and partners. Budgeting and Financial Reporting
- Assist with the budgeting process at the branch level, including regular forecasts for revenue and profit levels and establish appropriate targets.
Operations and Support
- Participate and support all branch activities to maintain a high level of customer service.
Company Knowledge and Mutual Support
- Become knowledgeable about all Sylvite branches and divisions and the products and services they provide to customers.
- Documentation of all processes and tasks for which a function is responsible.
- Demonstrate a high degree of service to and collaboration with other branches and business units.
- Provide support to other department members maintaining a sense of team.
- Provide positive feedback to others when possible; coach others for success.
- Recommend opportunities for improvement of processes and systems as a result of the function performed or based on observations.
- Recommend opportunities for reducing costs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager
Key Personal Attributes Required For The Position:
- Demonstrate business acumen – includes the ability to analyze factors and market forces that impact profitability, prepare strategic reports, budgets, forecasts, etc.
- Manage change; mediate and resolve conflict
- Communication Skills; Developing relationships and partnerships, Presentation Skills
- Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Superior Negotiation Skills
- Represent yourself in a professional manner while working in a team related environment.
Education, Experience and/or Training Requirements:
- Experience in a Sales Related Position
- Experience in Agriculture or related industry
- University degree or College diploma in agriculture, related field or equivalent experience
- Willing to provide extensive training to the right candidate.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position. It is not exhaustive or comprehensive of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time