Sales and Service Representative - Putnam
Let’s Grow Together. Currently, recruiting for the position of Sales & Service Representative out of our Putnam Location . With a competitive compensation package; pension plan, bonus eligibility, and company-paid health benefits. Be part of the growth!
Are you eager to be involved in the future of agriculture, a self-starter, and passionate about delivering professional solutions to our customers and partners? Sylvite is looking for individuals with high-potential who want to grow their career with us.
At Sylvite we are dedicated to our people and their growth. With a collaborative leadership style, innovative solutions, processes and operations we have developed a company that values its team members and wants to grow together.
- Effectively present, promote, and sell Sylvite products and services to existing and prospective grower customers
- Implementation of crop input planning to meet individual grower needs – including soil samples, fertilizer and crop protection recommendations, field visits
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on quotes for approval by the branch manager, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes in coordination with Branch budget and business plan
- Complete sales planning and reporting as assigned by the Branch Manager including the use of CRM system
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other branches when necessary
- Actively participate in continuous learning opportunities for sales, seed, and crop protection
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Support the success of the sales team
- Support all administrative functions relative to the sales team and customer service.
- Participate in industry associations, attend related conferences, building network of customers, suppliers and partners.
Budgeting and Financial Reporting
- Assist with the budgeting process at the branch level, including regular forecasts for revenue and profit levels and establish appropriate targets.
Operations and Support
- Participate and support all branch activities to maintain a high level of customer service.
Company Knowledge and Mutual Support
- Become knowledgeable about all Sylvite branches and divisions and the products and services they provide to customers.
- Documentation of all processes and tasks for which a function is responsible.
- Demonstrate a high degree of service to and collaboration with other branches and business units.
- Provide support to other department members maintaining a sense of team.
- Provide positive feedback to others when possible; coach others for success.
- Recommend opportunities for improvement of processes and systems as a result of the function performed or based on observations.
- Recommend opportunities for reducing costs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager
The Right Candidate Will Have These Key Attributes:
- Demonstrate business acumen – includes the ability to analyze factors and market forces that impact profitability, prepare strategic reports, budgets, forecasts, etc.
- Manage change; mediate and resolve conflict
- Communication Skills; Developing relationships and partnerships, Presentation Skills
- Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Superior Negotiation Skills
- Represent yourself in a professional manner while working in a team related environment.
The Right Experience:
- 3+ years in a Sales Related Position
- 3+ years in Agriculture or related industry
- University degree or College diploma in agriculture, related field or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in all Office Software, particularly Excel
About Sylvite – Growing Together.
As the largest independently-owned Canadian wholesaler of farm fertilizer in Ontario and eastern Canada, our team is dedicated to serving the diverse agriculture industry. We are fully committed to understanding your business and providing you with professional solutions of the highest quality in all of the industry sectors that we serve.
Sylvite Transportation consists of more than 135 tractor units and more than 400 trailers to support our valued customers and their logistical requirements. Sylvite Industrial Chemical supports a variety of partners within the agriculture, bulk chemical, construction, energy, forestry, mining and water treatment industries.
Apply NOW through the form below!