Seasonal Help - Putnam
Let’s Grow Together. Currently, recruiting for the position of Seasonal Help out of our Putnam Location . Be part of the growth!
Are you eager to be involved in the future of agriculture, a self-starter, and passionate about delivering professional solutions to our customers and partners? Sylvite is looking for individuals with high-potential who want to grow their career with us.
At Sylvite we are dedicated to our people and their growth. With a collaborative leadership style, innovative solutions, processes and operations we have developed a company that values its team members and wants to grow together.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the daily operations of the business, which involves items of customer service, operations and sales support. As well as other duties to be assigned as necessary.
Primary Tasks and Accountability:
- Servicing customers in a courteous and timely manner
- General housekeeping
- Deliveries of seed, crop protection, fertilizer products to farm
- May occasionally drive a truck, forklift or loader/Bobcat
- Assist operators for blending and loading of outbound trucks
- Load packaged products with a forklift
- Assist in receiving trucks, (or railcars and vessels where applicable) of fertilizer, seed, chemicals or other products as required
- Following all safety policies and procedures, HACCP policies and procedures, and SQF 2000, Level 3 policies and procedures
- Sylvite is committed to ensuring a safe work environment at all times. The Seasonal Help is accountable to know and understand the Company’s health and safety rules and regulations.
The Right Candidate Will Have These Key Attributes:
- Hard working and takes direction
- Learns quickly
- Ability to foster a teamwork environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
The Right Experience:
- Individuals must possess a G driver’s license.
- Forklift License an asset
- Must be capable of lifting 25kg., willing to climb and be able to work safely at heights.
- Safety and quality training will be provided
About Sylvite – Growing Together.
As the largest independently-owned Canadian wholesaler of farm fertilizer in Ontario and eastern Canada, our team is dedicated to serving the diverse agriculture industry. We are fully committed to understanding your business and providing you with professional solutions of the highest quality in all of the industry sectors that we serve.
Sylvite Transportation consists of more than 135 tractor units and more than 400 trailers to support our valued customers and their logistical requirements. Sylvite Industrial Chemical supports a variety of partners within the agriculture, bulk chemical, construction, energy, forestry, mining and water treatment industries.
Apply NOW through the form below!