Seasonal Positions - Mitchell
Let’s Grow Together. Currently, recruiting for numerious Spring/Summer seasonal jobs to help out of our Michell Location . Be part of the growth!
Our 2024 Spring season estimated start date of April 29th, 2024
- Agriculture – Sylvite provides a full supply chain solution for crop input products such as fertilizer, seed and pesticides
Summary of Position:
The purpose of this position is to assist in the daily operations of the business, which involves items of customer service, operations and sales support. As well as other duties to be assigned as necessary.
Primary Tasks and Accountability:
- Servicing customers in a courteous and timely manner
- General housekeeping
- Deliveries of seed, crop protection, fertilizer products to farm
- May occasionally drive a truck, forklift or loader/Bobcat
- Assist operators for blending and loading of outbound trucks
- Load packaged products with a forklift
- Assist in receiving trucks, (or railcars and vessels where applicable) of fertilizer, seed, chemicals or other products as required
- Following all safety policies and procedures, HACCP policies and procedures, and SQF 2000, Level 3 policies and procedures
- Sylvite is committed to ensuring a safe work environment at all times. The Seasonal Help is accountable to know and understand the Company’s health and safety rules and regulations.
Delivery/Pickup of Loads – Seasonal AZ Driver
- Local deliveries within the surrounding counties
- Arrive at customer location at specified time
- Load and unload contents in a safe manner following required procedures
- Hand bomb inventory as required
Company Knowledge and Mutual Support:
- Become knowledgeable about all Sylvite divisions and the products and services they provide to customers
- Documentation of all processes and tasks for which a function is responsible
- Demonstrate a high degree of service to and collaboration with other business units
- Provide support to other department members maintaining a sense of team
- Provide positive feedback to others when possible; coach others for success
- Recommend opportunities for improvement of processes and systems as a result of the function performed or based on observations
- Must contribute to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act Regulations
- Recommend opportunities for reducing costs
|Key Personal Attributes Required for the Position:
- Hard working and takes direction
- Learns quickly
- Ability to foster a teamwork environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
|Education, Experience and / or Training Requirements:
- Individuals must possess a G driver’s license.
- AZ or DZ license for the seasonal driver position.
- Forklift License an asset
- Must be capable of lifting 25kg., willing to climb and be able to work safely at heights.
- Safety and quality training will be provided