|Why put together a crop plan ahead of the season?
- Identify everything you need and should accomplish before the season gets busy.
- Utilize the 4Rs – generate a plan for each field. Make best use of your $$$ for fertilizer, chemical, and/or seed.
- Plan out crop acreage and field splits.
- Opportunity to learn about new products to see if they fit with your operation.
- Analyze what worked last year and what didn’t. Incorporate new tools and data into your operation.
- Identify ways to change up practices to reduce incidence of herbicide resistance. If it has worked the last 3 years, may be time to change it up!
- Pick up bulk order of inputs early, not when you should be in the field.
- Know your Cost of Production.
- Great place to start your marketing plan.
- Set yourself up with ways to change plan WHEN the change occurs. Pick your top plan now, have a backup ready.
Your Agronomy Consultants and Sales Reps at Sylvite Agri-Services are ready to help you get ready for the 2021 season. Contact us today!